The Plan is sponsored by the Board of Police Commisioners. The plan sponsor is responsible for establishing plan benefits. Any amendment to the Plan must be agreed to by the Commission and a majority of the members of the Employees' Pension Committee.
The Employees' Pension Committee is made up of four voting members consisting of: two representatives from the Regina Police Association and two representatives from the Regina Police Senior Officers' Association.
The Plan is administered by an Administrative Board made up of six voting members: three representatives are appointed by the Regina Board of Police Commissioners, two representatives are appointed by the Regina Police Association, and one employee representative is appointed by the Regina Police Senior Officers' Association. The Board of Police Commissioners, the Regina Police Association, and the Regina Police Senior Officers' Association may also appoint one individual each to attend Administrative Board Meetings as an Observer.
Please visit the Board page for a list of the current Board members.
The Administrative Board is responsible for the administration of the Plan as legislated by The Pension Benefits Act, 1992 (Saskatchewan) and in accordance with the terms of Schedule "A" of The Regina Police Pension Plan. The Administrative Board responsibilities include:
- compliance with pension legislation;
- delegation of operational activities to Möbius Benefit Administrators Inc.
- preparation of the audited financial statements;
- ensuring the Plan is able to meet the pension obligations as they occur and the
long-term solvency of the Plan;
- ensuring all assets of the fund are kept separate from the assets of the
- making investments in accordance with relevant legislation;
- defining risk and outlining appropriate risk management practices;
- ensuring whe various investment managers are managing the fund assets
in an appropriate manner and in compliance with the Statement of
Investment Policies & Procedures; and
- developing and implementing policy documents to support the objectives of the Plan.
The operational activities of the Plan are performed by Möbius Benefit Administrators Inc.